✨ New look and fluid dynamics
This month was an important milestone for Flux. Some of you may have noticed that Flux looks a bit different now. I’ve been working on getting Flux as close as possible to the original — a stable base from which to experiment — and I think we’re finally there!
- A true-to-the-original color palette with improved color dynamics
- Better scaling for different screen sizes
- High-performance anti-aliasing (smooths out the line edges)
- Extra magical touches to the fluid simulation
That last bullet point took 3 months of research to get right! Totally worth it, though! 😂
📺 Multi-monitor support
Flux now supports multiple monitors. If you’ve got several identical monitors next to each other, Flux will draw a single seamless fluid across them.
A big thank you to everyone who reached out and helped iron out issues with multi-monitor support ♥️
👀 What’s next?
I’m going to take a small break from Flux for the summer. Flux is in a stable state, so it’s a nice opportunity to recharge and clear my mind of all the fluid differential equations.
I’ll be back soon to tackle the next milestones:
- A settings panel with a live preview
- More color options
- Sampling colors from your desktop wallpaper
In the meantime, I’d love to hear from you!
✨ Do you have any feature requests?
📸 Send me photos of your setups running Flux.
⭐ Please leave a review on Gumroad if you haven’t already!
To everyone who bought Flux — thank you! ♥️
Talk to you soon!