A mesmerizing screensaver inspired by something you may have seen on your friend’s aluminium laptop. Drift off into a sea of soothing colors while your computer idles.
Check out the web version for a preview flux.sandydoo.me!*
- 3 color presets: Original, Poolside, and Plasma.
- NEW Custom colors sampled from your desktop wallpaper.
- Support for ultrawides and seamless multi-monitor setups.
- A real-time fluid simulation running on the GPU. Not a pre-recorded video. Not a web app either.
- Lifetime access & updates.
(*) The web version has a lot of experimental options that aren't yet available in the native version. Send me a message if there's a specific option you'd like to see in the screensaver.
⚙️ System Requirements
Flux is a real-time fluid simulation. It should run at 60fps on most GPUs from the last decade, but here are a few things to keep in mind.
More fluid needs to be simulated for each monitor you connect.
Laptops with integrated graphics have limited capacity to drive high-resolution monitors. Running Flux on multiple 4k+ displays will likely cause the fans to spin up.
- Windows 10 64-bit or later.
- An x86_64 CPU. Basically, Intel and AMD CPUs. Tablets with ARM CPUs won’t work.
- OpenGL 3.3 or greater. In other words, any GPU released after 2010.